Vodka can get a negative impression for being a boring spirit, but it is most likely to be seen as a blank canvas. It makes other interesting cocktail ingredients, from seasonal fruit to chai tea to the most obscure liqueurs, blend, and flourish. Stop feeling bored about this spirit but start to get inspired with these seven vodka cocktails you can try.
- Spicy Vodka Fizz
If you want something new to the palate, try the spicy vodka fizz made of vodka, jalapeño, simple syrup, lime juice, and sparkling water, bringing a refreshing touch to your summer drinks.
- 1.5 oz. BJ Hooker’s Vodka
- 1 oz. Jalapeño Simple Syrup
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- Top with Sparkling Water
- Garnish: J. Martini Michelada Cocktail Salt Mix/Lime Wedge
- Add the vodka, lime juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice.
- Top with sparkling water and garnish with J. Martini Michelada Cocktail Salt Mix/Lime Wedge.
- Summer Fridays
Have a toast at the end of the workweek with the refreshing combination of vodka, coconut milk, and key lime juice. Let this delicious and refreshing drink transport you to a white sand beach while enjoying your backyard.
- 1.5 oz. BJ Hooker’s Vodka
- 2 oz. coconut milk
- 0.75 oz. simple syrup
- 0.75 oz. key lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Garnish: cilantro sprigs
- Add the vodka, coconut milk, simple syrup, and key lime juice into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled rock glass over fresh ice cubes.
- Garnish with two sprigs of cilantro.
Lychee is not just a fruit but a spectacular cocktail that comes in the form of coconut-lychee milk. It sounds complicated but easy to make at home where you can find all you need in your pantry.
- 1.5 oz. Absolut Wild Tea vodka
- 1 oz. Coconut-lychee milk
- 1 oz. Salted pistachio syrup
- 0.5 oz Fresh lime juice
- Garnish: Toasted coconut and lime zest
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake, and strain into a Belgian beer glass over cobbled ice.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and lime zest.
What’s summer without a cool and refreshing watermelon base drink? Get yourself watermelon juice, lime juice, and mint. Add some cucumber vodka and St-Germain elderflower liqueur and white wine to make this refreshing seasonal cocktail.
- 2 oz. Watermelon juice
- 6 Mint
- 1.5 oz. Square One cucumber vodka
- 1 oz. St-Germain
- 0.5 oz. Lime juice
- 0.5 oz. Agave nectar
- 1 oz. Bright, crisp white wine, such as Sauternes or verdejo (optional)
- Garnish: Mint leaf
- In a shaker, muddle the watermelon juice or cubes and mint.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice.
- Shake, and strain into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a mint leaf slapped between your palms.
Never forget a classic vodka cocktail, Cosmopolitan, in your list. A true Cosmo is made with citrus vodka, Cointreau, lime juice, and a dash of cranberry. It is a delightful drink, walking the balance between sweet and sour with elegance.
- 1.5 oz. citrus vodka
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 0.5 oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 0.25 oz. cranberry juice
- Garnish: lime wedge
- Add the vodka, Cointreau, lime juice, and cranberry juice to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Lemon Drop
A classic drink from the 1970s, the lemon drop’s sweet lemony character is loved by its patrons and always ready for experimentation. It’s a mix of vodka, triple sec, lemon juice, and simple syrup that has since spanned the globe and entered the pantheon of classics.
- 2 oz. BJ Hooker’s Vodka
- 0.5 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Garnish: sugar rim
- Coat the rim of a cocktail glass with sugar and set aside (do this a few minutes ahead so the sugar can dry and adhere well to the glass).
- Add the vodka, triple sec, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
Enjoy these refreshing cocktail recipes for your summer getaway or enjoy them in the comfort of your backyard. These recipes will surely change your mind about vodka as a boring spirit into a versatile blank canvass for more delicious and cool cocktails.